Instructor/ Advisor, Innovate Calgary, Calgary, AB — 2014-Present
- Designed three new applied education courses (Startup Primer, Discover, and Validate) based on The Startup Owner’s Manual by Steve Blank and The Lean Startup by Eric Ries. Course duration spans between single evening session and four bi-weekly seminars. Created lesson plans that blend multiple learning activities and content (i.e. presentation, discussion, video), and developed weekly assignments.
- Instructed seven courses to over 100 participants, including students and faculty from post-secondary institutions such as the University of Calgary, University of Lethbridge, and Lethbridge College. Participants rated overall satisfaction with programs as 8.52/10, with over 95% recommending to others.
- Reviewed course goals and student progress with sponsors to ensure satisfaction and identify students that require additional support. Regularly engaged with students outside of classes to respond to queries and provide guidance for improvement.
IT Project Manager, Shell, Calgary, AB — 2005-2016
- Led delivery of over 20 mobile and cloud IT implementation projects with budgets between $100k and $1.0m in Shell’s various oil and gas businesses across the world.
- Led and coached teams of analysts through planning and execution of business analyst activities while integrating with larger project plan. Teams consisted of internal staff and external business analysts located in Canada, USA, UK, and India.
- Planned business analytics activities on multiple global IT system implementations. Identified project stakeholders (including front-line workers, senior leaders, and support functions) and defined stakeholder RACI matrix. Captured project requirements from stakeholders using a variety of interview, workshop, and rapid prototyping techniques.
- Established project governance structures including VP-level project sponsors, internal business and technology teams, and external suppliers and partners. Coordinated and facilitated monthly governance meetings to share progress and resolve issues.
- Successfully delivered projects using both lean and agile methodologies. Populated and prioritized backlog of product features, managed weekly sprints and scrum meetings within agile projects.
Jan 2017, Feb 2017, Mar 2017, Apr, 2017, May 2017 (Innovate Calgary)
May-Jun 2016, Oct-Nov 2016, Jan-Feb 2017, May-Jun 2017 (Innovate Calgary),
Feb-Mar 2017 (Lethbridge College)
Jul-Aug 2016, Jul-Aug 2017 (Innovate Calgary)
Apr-May 2017 (University of Lethbridge)